Friday, August 24, 2007

Hmmmm should I redo?

So I have the back and the fronts done and in a boredome induced fit from knitting the sleeves, I decided to sew the back to the fronts. I knitted them correctly, with the part under the armholes at exactly 4 inches. The problem is, on the front, doing all the decreases and everything make the part that matches up to it about 4.5 - 5 inches. I fudged it pretty good when I sewed it together, but I mean, it is almost an inch of fabric, so I at least can tell that it isn't quite right.

So should I rip the back and redo it with a longer starting section? Or should I first try to pick up the skirt stitches and see what happens?

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I notced the same things, so when I blocked my pieces I just stretched the back a little and didnt so much for the front. I just made sure that I blocked everything so that it would sew together right.