Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Front Pieces

So am I the only one that is having problems with the right and left front's instructions. If you follow it, by the time you cast on and then do the first 3 rows, the decrease, then *work one row, and then decrease and then work three rows and then decrease* and repeat two times you are at almost 5 inches and then when you start the armhole shaping you are decreasing for the armhole on the same side you were doing the original decreasing. I am very irritated and not understanding how they want you to construct this. Is anyone having this problem or maybe do you have a picture of the front piece not attached to the back that is completed so that I can see if what I am doing is right, because right now I think the pattern must be wrong somewhere.

1 comment:

Jeannine said...

No, you are not the only one having problems. I am kind of frustrated right now. I have finished the back, fronts and both sleeves. I was looking forward to going on with the skirt, but I am realizing that the armholes are huge. I may have to reknit the fronts and just keep knitting until I get to a point that makes sense to start the armhole decreases. As it, there is no way my sleeves are going to fit into these massive holes! The only other thing I can think of is to machine sew the side seams up before starting the skirt. I really do not want to re-knit the fronts, but I am going to really have to think this out before going forward.