Monday, September 24, 2007

Introducing me! Oh and by the way....

Hi! I've been watching the KAL, but not posting. Bad me. I'm nearly done and I must say this is one of my favorite projects that I've ever done. Stats on mine: Size 10 needles with Malabrigo Red Mahogany, less than six skeins for the 40" bust size. My gauge is such that this is coming out a bit bigger than a 40", which is just what I need! I did the sleeves and collar *before* I did the skirt and I highly recommend this method. The skirt gets a bit mind numbing and it's nice to know that when the skirt is done, you're done except for finishing! Here's a pretty accurate picture of mine color-wise:



And here's my obligatory question: How are y'all binding off? I'm at that point on the skirt and my 62 stitch panels are curling like woah! I'm gonna attempt the k2p2 bindoff in that section next, but this is so lovely I don't wanna screw it up!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I bound off in pattern. It doesn't roll at all once I blocked it with gentle steaming. ANd I am so jealous of the Malabrigo. I can practically feel the soft squichy goodness!!!

Lyn said...

Beautiful color!
I saw on ravelry that some people are doing the after thought hem to avoid the curling. I'm thinking if mine curls too badly (I'm not near there yet!) I might just buy some coordinating 1/2" ribbon, and sew it along the inner edge.

Unknown said...

ok i have 3 more repeats and i will be done. i am still very concered I will not have enough yarn to both finish the skirt and do the collar.....


cant wait to see you at the shop this weekend!!

how did the bind off turn out?