Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Finished !



Yesterday in the afternoon I managed to sew on the buttons. And I could wear it in the evening !
My first Interweave Knits pattern !
It fits, sleeves are a bit long, but I don't mind, too short would be worse.
As I had to find a substitute to Berrocco Peruvia I eventually decided to knit from stash. Gedifra Fashion Trend Surprise with its colour streaks adds a little zing to the pattern and knits up well. I needed about 625 g =1225 yds.


This pattern was fun to knit, but sometimes a bit tricky. I am not the only one who misunderstood the back design, I had to frog and knit until 8 inch of height.
My alterations:
I bound off the stockinette skirt inserts k2 p2. They tend to roll up much less. After damp blocking they are fine.
I chose two smaller buttons for the inside and attached them on the inside of the right collar side and close them with crocheted eyelets on the left edge.

I plan to knit another TD for one of my daughters or someone else for christmas:-)

3 comments:

owl knits said...

I love the way the yarn knit up...and it was good to read that this was an easy knit. I agree about shoulder bind-offs. I'm going to rethink how I finish off the fronts and the back.

Courtney said...

Very cute, love it :-)

qusic said...

Thank you very much for your comments:-)