Sunday, September 16, 2007

Getting there...

I have been furiously knitting. I was hoping to have this done by now, but I caught a nasty cold (as did everyone else in my household, dogs excluded) and I am running behind schedule. Since ripping out my first attempt at this pattern, I think that I am liking the new version much better. It will be a bit bulkier, since I was using Elann's Sierra Aran and now I am using Malabrigo Worsted, but I just love the Malabrigo so much. It is so lofty and soft. I hope we get some cool weather this year. I sit outside at a lot of soccer games (my eldest daughter plays high school and club soccer) and it can get really cold out there. This sweater should be great for those chilly Fall/Winter games.

I finished the fronts, back and skirt. I am not working on the collar. I have a 1/4 of one sleeve done. I just got bored and had to get to the skirt. Only one maybe snafu.....I may, may, may...hoping not....run out of yarn. I think I will be ok and I can order another skein, but it probably won't be the exact dye lot. Still keeping my fingers crossed that won't be necessary. That is sort of why I am trying to rush this last part. I want to know ASAP if I am going to have a yarn crisis or not. If all goes well, I should be done early this week. I am really liking this knit. It is really simple and straightforward. I thought it would be a lot more complicated. Happily, that is not the case. This is a good knit for a beginner/intermediate. I would definitely recommend this one to someone that want to take the plunge into garment knitting.

No comments: