Monday, October 1, 2007

Done...just about

Well, I actually "finished" this over a week ago, but I still have a couple of things to do before I can really claim it is finished. I need to find some nice buttons and I think I am going to undo the seams and take it into a store to have it finished (the seams) for me. My friend uses L'Atelier in Santa Monica for her finishing and she swears by them. She says that her projects have come out looking 100% better when they were finished by the pros in that shop. So, since I really do like the way this turned out, I think I might invest in that and see how much of a difference it really makes.

I really liked the way this sweater turned out, though. I re-knit the top portion after changing yarns (from Elann Sierra Aran to Malabrigo) and it worked out a lot better. I would make another one, for sure. It was a fun and simple pattern. I think I have inspired a couple of friends to try it out, too. I am going to go search for some buttons and have it put together properly, then I will post a pic. All the other progress pics look great. I really like to see all the different versions.

No comments: